Canton Real Estate Attorney Advises Clients on a Wide Range of Property Issues
Experienced Ohio attorney handles residential real estate transactions
For most of us, buying or selling a home is very exciting, but it’s also an event that has a significant effect on our personal and financial well-being. If you’re contemplating entering into, or are in the midst of, a real estate transaction, you should consult with a qualified lawyer right away in order to protect your legal and monetary interests. Since 1998, Douglas D. Jones Co., LPA in Canton has assisted parties in property sales as well as other matters that affect the value of their investment, such as land use disputes and eminent domain proceedings. Whether you’re looking for your first home together, downsizing to a new residence or you have a concern relating to a property you already own, my northeast Ohio firm provides comprehensive counsel.
Skillful advocate protects the interests of clients in home sales
Using the legal and practical knowledge I’ve accumulated through four decades of legal practice, I offer effective guidance on residential real estate transactions to buyers and sellers. You can count on me for sound advice and advocacy relating to:
- Contract preparation, review and negotiation — Regardless of how complex the deal might be, I can draft a purchase contract or review an agreement crated by the other party, explaining each term in detail. My firm strives to avert unpleasant surprises for buyers and make sure that sellers understand the rules addressing residential property disclosures. Once the agreement is made, I draft and register any legal documents that might be required.
- Analysis of title and financing documents — You can count on me to conduct a thorough investigation of materials relating to deeds, property title, mortgages and other financing arrangements. Moreover, my firm makes sure that everyone is aware of the pertinent tax implications and each side’s obligations in that area.
- Handling closing — As long as other aspects of a real estate transaction have been handled properly, there should not be any unpleasant surprises at the closing. However, if an issue concerning payment, title or something else occurs, I’ll safeguard your interests and walk you through each step of the process.
My firm is fully equipped to assist you at every stage of your property transaction so that you can overcome any obstacles that exist and make the best deal possible.
Effective firm represents clients in disputes over land use and boundaries
Your legal concerns do not end after a real estate purchase is completed. My firm guides clients on the various types of property-related matters, such as those involving:
- Zoning and land use — Codes relating to land use and zoning might be quite intricate and vary widely depending on the county and township you’re in. Whether you have a question regarding a permitted use, are seeking a variance or are facing a code enforcement action, my firm works to maximize your property's worth.
- Boundary and easements — Disagreements about a boundary or easement could have a serious impact on property value and a land owner’s ability to enjoy their premises. Should a conflict exist, my firm examines the relevant documents and history in support of a prompt, favorable resolution.
- Eminent domain — When developers and government officials want to force a purchase of property through eminent domain, the rights and interests of landowners are frequently overlooked. If you’ve been approached regarding a possible eminent domain action involving your home, I’ll work diligently to help stop any unlawful action and press for full compensation if the sale does occur.
Disputes over property issues can linger for years and rarely disappear on their own. Don’t hesitate to get the legal support you need to address your situation.
Accomplished lawyer provides strong foreclosure defense
Anyone can have some financial trouble that leads to difficulty making mortgage payments. Ohio residents who have fallen far enough behind that they face a threat of foreclosure need to take prompt action. In foreclosure defense cases, I take on financial institutions that violate the rules governing these proceedings and work diligently to secure a mortgage modification that helps clients stay in their homes under terms that they can live with.
Contact a Canton real estate attorney to make an appointment for a free consultation
Douglas D. Jones Co., LPA assists clients in northeast Ohio with various types of real estate issues, including representation during home purchases and sales. Please call 330-649-2372 or contact me online to discuss your situation in a free consultation at my Canton office.